OCALA, FLORIDA – April 10, 2019 – E-ONE, a subsidiary of REV Group and a leading manufacturer of fire apparatus, announces enhancements for its aluminum and steel 100-foot platforms on display at FDIC International, April 11-13, 2019 in Indianapolis, IN.
The 100-foot platform enhancements include short jack capability, greater below grade reach, a new fabricated turntable and a new Cummins engine that is 600 pounds lighter, making these aerials more versatile than ever in meeting the demands of today’s fire departments.
While the E-ONE 100’ platform’s crisscross under-slung jack spread of 15’6” requires less space than competitive models, the new short jack option allows the apparatus to be set up with outrigger deployed on only one side of the apparatus using a spread of only 11’2”.
“We are extremely excited about now being able to offer short jack capability on our 100’ platforms,” said Joe Hedges, E-ONE Product Manager. “And with the added stab jack to the end of the outriggers, we gain a tremendous increase in lift, allowing departments to set up on steeper grades when performing rescue operations or fighting fires.”
The redesigned aluminum HP100 platform can now lower to 10 degrees below horizontal, greatly enhancing its rescue capability. “Customer feedback on the steel 100’ platform’s ability to go to -10 prompted us to design this same great feature into the aluminum 100’ platform as well,” said Hedges.
Other notable features of the E-ONE 100’ platforms include:
- 2.5 to 1 structural safety factor – exceeding NFPA requirements by 25%
- Large extruded aluminum platform with angled corners and perimeter step
- Wide ladder sections and tall handrails for safe and secure climbing
- Advanced Aerial Control System with color displays containing mission specific screens
- New fabricated turntable design reduces weight for additional equipment capacity
- Formed integral torque box frame provides a solid foundation for the chassis and aerial
- New Cummins X12 500 HP engine provides 600 lb weight reduction
To learn more about E-ONE visit www.e-one.com.
E-ONE is a worldwide designer and manufacturer of fire trucks with more than 28,000 vehicles in operation around the world. Headquartered in Ocala, Florida, E-ONE is the industry leader in product innovations, new technologies and exceeding customer expectations. E-ONE is owned by the REV Group (NYSE: REVG), a leading manufacturer and distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services serving fire and emergency, recreational vehicle, commercial bus and mobility markets worldwide. Learn more at revgroup.com.
You must log in to post a comment.