Fire Line Equipment is always looking for skilled people to join our team
FULL SERVICE EMERGENCY VEHICLE DEALER
New Emergency Vehicle Sales, Used Apparatus Sales, Service, Refurbishment and Parts
Fire Line Equipment is expanding its services and will now provide full equipment and lighting installation services for police, fire, EMS, construction, and personal vehicles. Do you have experience upfitting emergency vehicles? If so, we want to talk to you about becoming part of our team of professional technicians. We are searching for a self-starter with experience in the profession. If you are mechanically inclined, have emergency lighting installation experience and are interested in a growing and demanding career, you can join our team of a family culture owned and operated business. We have industry leading maintenance and repair technology, a clean new facility, and you will enjoy competitive starting salaries, generous time off -up to three weeks after 5 years – paid holidays and an excellent benefit package.
• Remove and re-install OEM vehicle interior trim. Install electrical wiring, connect electrical devices, drill holes, soldering and perform all physical tasks associated with modifying vehicles for the acceptance of emergency-related equipment
• Install new emergency warning equipment on vehicles including emergency lights, flashers, speakers, antennas, video cameras, laptops, sirens, push bumpers, aftermarket consoles, police cages, K-9 containment units and interior electronics/hardware.
• Ability to develop wiring routes throughout the vehicle for the most efficient wiring path and enable future replacement and/or troubleshooting
• Dis-assemble and reassembly of a diverse range of vehicle makes and models, including sedans, SUVs, motorcycles, ATVs.
• Servicing existing equipment by troubleshooting customer complaints; conducting tests; resolving issues
• Mechanical and electrical aptitude
• Demonstrated past problem solving, tool usage, and repair & installation experience required
• 2 years of emergency lighting installation experience preferred
• Knowledge of vehicle exterior tear down front grill, headlights, taillights etc.
• Knowledge of vehicle interior tear down. (Panels, dashboard, door panels, seats, etc.)
• 12 Volt automotive knowledge. (Relays, diodes, and wiring)
• High school diploma or equivalent required, vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair preferred
• A valid driver’s license is required.
• A positive, customer service attitude and effective communication skills
• Basic computer skills required for data entry into data systems
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job and willingness to work the required schedule.
Complete a Fire Line Equipment LLC employment application. If after an interview process, a job is offered, potential employee must submit to a background screening to include criminal checks, past employment and education. The ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical. DOT requirements apply for all CDL holders.
Physical Requirements: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. -The employee will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The employee must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. -While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs. FLE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Fire Line Equipment LLC: headquartered in New Holland, Pennsylvania, a CO-Owned partnership with a family culture. Our brand new 22,000 sq/ft facility houses our new and used fire truck and ambulance sales departments, service and repair operations, refurbishment and fire truck and ambulance parts business. Serving Central PA as the authorized E-ONE Fire Apparatus Dealer. Along with our new E-ONE truck sales, Fire Line Equipment also buys, sells & brokers the sale of used fire trucks. Established in 2005, Fire Line Equipment employs 24 full time and several part time employees. Our company has a great mix of qualifications encompassing many, many years of sales, service, refurbishment and parts experience.
• Health Care – (80% paid by company, 20% paid by employee, Zero deductible)
• Health Coverage provided for Employee, Spouse & Children if applicable
• Vision & Dental Coverage available
• Company provided Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• 401K with company match
• 9 paid holidays (after 90 days)
• 1-week vacation during first year of employment (after 90 days)
• Company supplied uniforms
Apply For Position
Fire Line Equipment, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, physical disability or other basis protected by law. While the Company is committed to following this principle in every facet of employment, all employees share in the responsibility to promote and foster a favorable work environment.