1991 Simon Duplex 65′ TeleSqurt
Simon Duplex 4 door enclosed cab has seating for 8 with 5 SCBA Seats with air conditioning powered by a Detroit Diesel 500HP and Allison automatic transmission. Top Mount Hale 1500 GPM Pump with 500 gallon water tank is equipped with 65′ TeleSqurt that has a pre-piped waterway with LED lights. The truck is equipped with an 8kW Onan Diesel Generator and breathing air to the aerial. This truck has just 23,000 miles and won’t last at just $35,000.00 Better Call Bob at 877-346-1373, He sells trucks fast!
Allegheny Fire Equipment Co. was an American fire apparatus builder located in Huntington, West Virginia and Ona, West Virginia. The company was formed in 1958 and ceased operations in 1995. Most rigs were pumpers or tankers built on commercial chassis.
The Duplex Power Car Company was formed in Michigan in 1907, later renaming itself the Duplex Truck Company in 1915. Duplex specialized in the manufacturer of trucks, and some were used as fire truck chassis. In the late 1940s, the company introduced a conventional fire truck chassis and supplied it to various apparatus body builders, notably the General Fire Truck Corporation. In 1954, Oren Roanoke Corporation started using Duplex when the Corbitt chassis was no longer available. A new design was introduced in the mid-1950s, and it was used by apparatus builders Boardman, Howe (as its Defender model), Oren and others. In the 1970s, cab forward chassis were built using cabs from TCM.
In 1955, Duplex was acquired by Warner & Swasey. Duplex was in turn purchased by the Nolan Company in 1977 and production moved to Ohio. In 1986, Duplex was purchased by the Simon Group of the UK and renamed Simon-Duplex Inc. This was around the same time that Simon also purchased LTI, creating Simon-LTI. Simon-Duplex LTI built complete pumper and aerial apparatus using the Olympian chassis.
The Simon Group sold LTI to Aerial Innovations Inc. in 1998 and closed the Duplex operation the same year after no buyer was found.
A successor company that sprung from the remnants of the Duplex operation in Ohio continued on as Sabel Incorporated until 2003, when it was purchased by Kimble Custom Chassis, now a division of Crane Carrier Company.