1996 HME General Safety 65′ TeleSqurt
Four door enclosed cab with seating for 6 with 4 SCBA seats. Powered by a Cummins 370HP engine and Allison Automatic Transmission. Waterous 1250 GPM Pump and 500 gallon poly water tank. The truck is equipped with a 65′ TeleSqurt and 3 Crosslays 2-1.50″ and 1-2.50″ Driver’s side pump panel has the following discharges two 2.5″ and one 6″ and one 2.5″ intakes. Officers side pump panel has the following discharges one 2.5″ and one 6″ and one 2.5″ intakes. The truck is equipped with one 2.50″ intake for the TeleSqurt. Full NFPA warning light and siren package is included. Chief says we have to make room for the new truck. Make reasonable offer! Contact our office today to schedule an inspection visit or for more details.
Better Call Bob at 877-346-1373, He sells trucks fast! SOLD!
In 1913, Magirus Hendrickson formed the Hendrickson Motor Truck Company in Chicago, a manufacturer of heavy trucks. Hendrickson also developed the Hendrickson tandem-axle suspension, widely used today.
In 1972, Hendrickson introduced a custom cabover chassis in conjunction with International, the FTCO. By 1975, the company was marketing its own 1871 chassis, available in 1871-S and low-profile 1871-LPS versions. Further models (1871-W, 1871-C, 1871-WS) were introduced in the early 1980s. The name “1871” was chosen because it was the year of the Great Chicago Fire. These chassis were used by a variety of apparatus manufacturers.
In 1978, the Hendrickson family sold their company to the Boler Group. In 1985, the group sold the Mobile Equipment Division, which included its fire truck manufacturing component, to Kovatch Mobile Equipment (KME). While KME concentrated on building heavy-duty chassis, they sold the remaining assets of Hendrickson Mobile Equipment to its current owners (The Atonne Group) . Hendrickson Mobile Equipment was later shortened to HME.
After the sale, Hendrickson worked extensively with Grumman Emergency Products, manufacturing custom chassis for the company until Grumman ceased building fire trucks in 1992. After Grumman’s closure, HME again sold its chassis to body manufacturers, resurrecting the 1871 name. The chassis was sold to apparatus manufacturers all over North America, including Alexis Fire Equipment Company, Smeal Fire Apparatus Company, 3D Manufacturing Inc., Saulsbury Fire & Rescue Apparatus, Fort Garry Fire Trucks, NovaQUINTECH Corporation, 4 Guys Fire Trucks, General Safety Equipment Corporation and several others.
In 2000, HME leased the rights to use the Ahrens-Fox name from its owners and began manufacturing a complete line of apparatus under the Silverfox and Ahrens-Fox names. In 2016, HME announced it had finalized the acquisition of the Ahrens-Fox brand name. The acquisition of the Ahrens-Fox brand provided HME with complete ownership and licensing of the Ahrens-Fox name, logo, symbols, assets, parts and documents. Today, HME builds pumpers, aerial & platform trucks (formerly using R.K. Aerials), wildland apparatus, rescues and tankers. The company also continues to supply chassis to other apparatus manufacturers. In 2014, HME announced it’s own line-up of aerial appliances.
General Safety Equipment History
Minnesota Fire Equipment Company 1930s-1956
General Safety was formed in Lindstrom, Minnesota in the late 1920s when blacksmith Elmer Abrahamson built a truck for his hometown fire department. He formed a company called Minnesota Fire Equipment Company and delivered trucks to a number of departments in his immediate area. in 1939, the remaining fire apparatus business assets of the W.S. Nott Company were transferred to the Minnesota Fire Equipment Company. The company moved its manufacturing facilities to North Branch in the late 1940s and changed its name to General Safety Equipment Company in 1956.
General Safety Equipment 1956-1995
Growth continued through the 1950s, 60s, 70s and 80s, as the company built trucks on commercial chassis for fire departments in Minnesota and surrounding states. In the 1970s, the company introduced custom chassis with the International CO-8190 cab and Seagrave chassis and they also added 50′, 65′ and 75′ TeleSqurt made by Snorkel.
Production was moved to a new plant in Wyoming Minnesota in 1992.
Rosenbauer America – Onward from 1995
In 1995, General entered into a partnership with Rosenbauer. Today, General operates the Rosenbauer plant in Wyoming, Minnesota as Rosenbauer Minnesota, LLC., and builds trucks for fire departments in the US and Canada.