1996 Spartan Central States Pumper
Spartan 4 door enclosed cab with seating for 5 with 4 SCBA seats. Powered by Cummins diesel engine and Allison Automatic Transmission. Top Mount Hale 1500 GPM Pump with 500 gallon water tank and 50 gallon foam tank. The truck is equipped with 6″ front intake, two 1.75″ crosslays and two 1.75″ speedlays. The drivers side pump has a 2.50″ and 6″ intake and two 2.50″ discharges. The officers side pump panel has one LDH and 2.50″ discharge as well as 6″ and 2.50″ intakes. The rear of the truck is equipped with two 2.50″ discharges. The truck is equipped with a 6kW Winco Gas Generator and scene lights. The truck is equipped with NFPA emergency lighting and sirens. Low mileage pumper with lots of service life is available for immediate delivery. Call for price and to schedule an inspection visit today.
Better Call Bob at 877-346-1373, He sells trucks fast!
Chassis Manufacturer History
Spartan Motors was formed in Charlotte, Michigan in 1976 by four engineers from the bankrupt Diamond-REO truck company. Spartan designed and manufactured a custom cabover chassis for fire services. Like Duplex, Hendrickson, Oshkosh and Pemfab, Spartan supplied chassis to apparatus body manufacturers – this market niche falls between custom apparatus built entirely by apparatus manufacturers (like Pierce or E-One) and commercial chassis rigs like Ford, Freightliner or GMC. Unlike their specialty competitors, Spartan would build chassis to end-user specifications, enabling smaller body manufacturers to offer a custom apparatus option. The Spartan chassis was popular, and apparatus manufacturers throughout North America offered (and continue to offer) Spartan-chassis apparatus.
In the 1980s, Spartan also began to build custom chassis for motor homes.
Early models included the CFC, CFG and CFH chassis. The Gladiator was introduced in 1983 and continues to be one of Spartan’s most popular models. Other models introduced in the 1980s and 1990s included the Diamond, the Monarch, the rear-engine Silent Knight and the GT-One. The Metro Star and Advantage were introduced in the latter part of the 1990s and the Metro Star remains in production today.
Central States History
Harold Boer, who owned a repair shop and who was also the chief of the Lyons Volunteer Fire Department, built his first fire truck in 1977 for his hometown department. Over the years, Boer refurbished some fire trucks and in 1982, Harold and Helen Boer formed the Central States Fire Apparatus Company.
The company officially delivered its first pumper to Tea, South Dakota. They built pumpers, tankers and rescue units on both commercial and custom chassis.
In 1998, Central States was acquired by Rosenbauer America. In 2000, when Rosenbauer acquired RK Aerials, the Central States Division started producing aerial trucks.
The Central States Division was renamed Rosenbauer South Dakota (also known for a short time as Rosenbauer Central) and production continues in the Lyons plant.