2000 Spartan Saulsbury Pumper
Spartan 4 door enclosed cab with seating for 6. Powered by Cummins 350 HP diesel engine and Allison Automatic Transmission. Hale 1250 GPM Pump with 1000 gallon water tank. The truck is equipped with three crosslays, one front bumper discharge and deck gun. Driver’s side pump panel has the following one 2.5″ discharge and one 6″ intake. Officers side pump panel has the following discharges one 4″ and 2.5″ and the following one 6″ intake. On the rear of the truck there is two 2.5″ discharges The truck is equipped with NFPA emergency lighting and sirens. This Spartan Saulsbury Pumper has a current pump test and is available for immediate delivery for more details Better Call Bob at 877-346-1373, He sells trucks fast!
Spartan Motors History was formed in Charlotte, Michigan in 1976 by four engineers from the bankrupt Diamond-REO truck company. Spartan designed and manufactured a custom cabover chassis for fire services. Like Duplex, Hendrickson, Oshkosh and Pemfab, Spartan supplied chassis to apparatus body manufacturers – this market niche falls between custom apparatus built entirely by apparatus manufacturers (like Pierce or E-One) and commercial chassis rigs like Ford, Freightliner or GMC. Unlike their specialty competitors, Spartan would build chassis to end-user specifications, enabling smaller body manufacturers to offer a custom apparatus option. The Spartan chassis was popular, and apparatus manufacturers throughout North America offered (and continue to offer) Spartan-chassis apparatus.
In the 1980s, Spartan also began to build custom chassis for motor homes.
Early models included the CFC, CFG and CFH chassis. The Gladiator was introduced in 1983 and continues to be one of Spartan’s most popular models. Other models introduced in the 1980s and 1990s included the Diamond, the Monarch, the rear-engine Silent Knight and the GT-One. The Metro Star and Advantage were introduced in the latter part of the 1990s and the Metro Star remains in production today.
Saulsbury History Fancher L. “Sam” Saulsbury, a machinist who was also the chief for the Preble Volunteer Fire Department, built his first fire truck in 1958. He formed Saulsbury Fire Equipment in the early 1960s and, among its other offerings, the company started to specialize in walk-in rescue trucks. After sub-contracting work for several years, Saulsbury consolidated production in a new plant in Tully, New York in 1973. They moved again to a larger facility in Preble in 1988.
In 1998, Saulsbury was purchased by Federal Signal Corporation, parent company of E-One in Florida. The Saulsbury name continued to appear on apparatus, but was renamed E-One New York in 2003. In 2004, E-One announced the closure of the Saulsbury plant.
There are no reviews yet.