2001 American LaFrance 110′ LTI Ladder
Four door enclosed ALF cab with seating for 4. Powered by a Detroit Diesel 500HP and Allison automatic transmission. Waterous 2000 GPM Pump with 500 gallon water tank. The front bumper is equipped with discharge. Driver’s side pump panel has 6″ and 2.5″ intake and two 2.5″ discharge. Officers side pump panel has 6″ intake and two 2.5″ and 4″ discharges. The truck is equipped with 2 crosslays and 10kW AMPS Generator. The truck is equipped with NFPA warning light and siren package. This 2001 American Lafrance 110′ LTI Ladder has a current pump and aerial certification with just 84,000 miles this trucks is ready for immediate delivery. Better Call Bob at 877-346-1373, He sells trucks fast!
Manufacturers History: With roots dating to 1832, the American LaFrance Fire Engine Company was one of the oldest fire apparatus manufacturers in the United States. Founded in 1873 by Truxton Slocum LaFrance (and partners, including Alexander S. Diven) as the LaFrance Manufacturing Company selling hand powered equipment. A predecessor company, the International Fire Engine Company, built some steam power fire engines between 1903 and 1907. Apparatus built by International included horse drawn steamers, hose wagons, and hook & ladders to chemical engines, water towers and combinations. The American LaFrance Fire Engine Company was formed in 1903. ALF delivered its first motorized fire engine in 1907.
ALF produced a small run of passenger cars from about 1910 to 1920, totaling around 22 (with several additional ‘speedsters‘). None are known to still exist, but because the design was based on a Crane-Simplex chassis, several early ALF fire trucks have been converted into speedsters.
In 1927, ALF acquired the Utica based O.J. Childs company. The company had created Foamite, a liquid chemical designed to extinguish fires in extreme temperatures ranging from -15ºF to 110ºF.
In 1947, ALF introduced the 700-series fire apparatus. The 700-series was a “cab-forward” design, placing the driver ahead of the engine and providing an expansive forward view. This would become industry standard and copied by many other manufacturers. In 1959, ALF introduced the 900-series cab-forward chassis. Although it was similar to the 700 (and closely related 800-series), the 900 was an all new design with a wider cab. In addition to the 700-800-900-Series trucks, ALF produced models under the names Century, Pioneer, and Eagle.
In 1995, Freightliner LLC, a subsidiary of Daimler AG purchased the remnants of the company, yet again res-securing LaFrance. Freightliner continued to utilize American LaFrance’s original nameplates and designations including the Eagle custom chassis. Many of their Liberty products were built on Freightliner LLC M2 or Sterling Acterra chassis. ALF operated additional manufacturing facilities in Ephrata, Pennsylvania, Sanford, Florida, and Hamburg, New York. In 2005 it was the fifth largest manufacturer of emergency vehicles in North America.
In December 2005, it was announced that Freightliner had transferred the ownership of American LaFrance to the New York-based investment firm, Patriarch Partners, LLC. The headquarters and main plant in Ladson, South Carolina were not included in the transaction. However, Patriarch Partners were allowed to use the plant until early 2007, when DaimlerChrysler began using the plant for assembly of the Dodge Sprinter. Under new ownership ALF relocated within the Charleston, South Carolina, area in summer 2007 to a brand new facility, including manufacturing and corporate HQ, with nearly 500,000 sq ft (50,000 m²) of total space.
On 28 January 2008, American LaFrance filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection blaming problems with implementation of a new IBM enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. On 25 July 2008, the company emerged from bankruptcy with a revised business plan to transfer the firetruck body building portion of the business to the remaining Hamburg, NY, (formerly RDMurray Inc.) and Ephrata, Penn., (formerly Ladder Towers Inc.) facilities. The Summerville, SC plant continued to manufacture fire truck cab and chassis, but focused on vocational vehicles and the Condor vehicle line. In 2009, the company closed Hamburg and Ephrata attempting to consolidate operations to Summerville. On 17 January 2014, the company announced it would cease operation. Remaining assets of the company which included parts and partially completed trucks, were auctioned to pay creditors. It is still unknown, but highly unlikely American LaFrance will be opening its doors ever again.