The Akron Brass 1″ Ball Valve Kit – Plastic Ball for Akron Brass 7610 and 7810 1″ Swing-Out Valves is a maintenance and repair kit designed specifically for servicing and maintaining the 1″ Swing-Out Valves in firefighting and industrial applications. This kit ensures the proper functioning and longevity of the valve assembly, which is crucial for reliable performance in emergency situations.
The field service kit includes a plastic ball, which serves as the main component in the ball valve mechanism. Plastic balls, typically made from durable, high-performance polymers, offer good corrosion resistance and can be more cost-effective than metal alternatives. It features a plastic ball for the ball valve mechanism, providing reliable performance in firefighting and industrial applications.
Some significant milestones in Akron Brass Company’s history include:
- 1918: Akron Brass is founded by Henry S. Miller and C.W. Brutsche in Akron, Ohio.
- 1920s-1930s: The company expands its product line to include fire nozzles, hose reels, and other firefighting equipment.
- 1940s-1950s: Akron Brass introduces new products, such as the Turbojet nozzle, which gains popularity among firefighters for its efficiency and ease of use.
- 1960s-1970s: The company continues to innovate with products like the Akromatic nozzle and the automatic oscillating monitor, which help improve firefighting capabilities.
- 1980s-1990s: Akron Brass further expands its product offerings by introducing vehicle electronics and scene lighting solutions.
- 2010s: Akron Brass continues to innovate and expand its product line with the introduction of new technology, such as the Mercury Quick Attack Monitor and electric rewind cord reels.