Akron Brass 1″ Ball Valve Kit – Plastic Ball
Field service kit for Akron Brass 7610 and 7810 1″ swing-out valve.
The Akron Brass 1″ Ball Valve Kit – Plastic Ball for Akron Brass 7610 and 7810 1″ Swing-Out Valves is a maintenance and repair kit designed specifically for servicing and maintaining the 1″ Swing-Out Valves in firefighting and industrial applications. This kit ensures the proper functioning and longevity of the valve assembly, which is crucial for reliable performance in emergency situations.
The field service kit includes a plastic ball, which serves as the main component in the ball valve mechanism. Plastic balls, typically made from durable, high-performance polymers, offer good corrosion resistance and can be more cost-effective than metal alternatives. However, plastic balls might not be as durable or have the same temperature resistance as stainless steel balls, so it is essential to consider the specific application and environment when choosing the material.
The ball valve operates by utilizing a ball with a hole through it. When the hole is aligned with the flow of fluid, it allows fluid to pass through, and when the ball is rotated, it blocks the flow. Ball valves are known for their quick and reliable opening and closing, requiring minimal effort, which makes them suitable for emergency situations.
The 1″ valve size refers to the diameter of the inlet and outlet connections, which are 1 inch in diameter. This size is commonly used for smaller-scale firefighting and industrial applications where a lower flow rate is required.
The Akron Brass Field Service Kit with Plastic Ball for Akron Brass 7610 and 7810 1″ Swing-Out Valves is a maintenance and repair kit designed for servicing and maintaining the 1″ Swing-Out Valves. It features a plastic ball for the ball valve mechanism, providing reliable performance in firefighting and industrial applications. This kit is essential for keeping the valve in optimal working condition and ensuring reliable performance when it is needed most.
Throughout its history, Akron Brass has focused on developing and manufacturing high-quality firefighting equipment and accessories, including nozzles, monitors, valves, lighting, and vehicle electronics for fire and rescue personnel. The company’s commitment to innovation and quality has made it a recognized and respected name in the firefighting and emergency response industries.
Some significant milestones in Akron Brass Company’s history include:
- 1918: Akron Brass is founded by Henry S. Miller and C.W. Brutsche in Akron, Ohio.
- 1920s-1930s: The company expands its product line to include fire nozzles, hose reels, and other firefighting equipment.
- 1940s-1950s: Akron Brass introduces new products, such as the Turbojet nozzle, which gains popularity among firefighters for its efficiency and ease of use.
- 1960s-1970s: The company continues to innovate with products like the Akromatic nozzle and the automatic oscillating monitor, which help improve firefighting capabilities.
- 1980s-1990s: Akron Brass further expands its product offerings by introducing vehicle electronics and scene lighting solutions.
- 2000s: The company is acquired by Premier Farnell, a global distributor of electronic components, in 2004. In 2006, Akron Brass is then acquired by IDEX Corporation, a diversified global manufacturer of fluid handling and applied solutions.
- 2010s: Akron Brass continues to innovate and expand its product line with the introduction of new technology, such as the Mercury Quick Attack Monitor and electric rewind cord reels.
Throughout its history, Akron Brass has remained committed to serving the firefighting and emergency response industries by providing high-quality, reliable, and innovative products. Today, the company’s products are used by fire departments, military, and industrial customers worldwide.
There are no reviews yet.