Elkhart Brass 1″ Celcon Ball
An Elkhart Brass Replacement 1″ Celcon Ball is a component used in Elkhart Brass ball valves, which are found in firefighting equipment and other water flow control devices. The 1″ Celcon Ball serves as the primary mechanism for controlling the flow of water through the valve, allowing users to open or close the valve as needed.
Celcon is a type of thermoplastic material known for its excellent dimensional stability, low friction, and resistance to wear, chemicals, and stress. These properties make it suitable for use in ball valves, as they are required to maintain their shape and integrity under high pressure and constant use.
The 1″ dimension refers to the size of the ball, which corresponds to the inner diameter of the valve it is designed to be used in. It is crucial to use a ball that is the correct size for the specific valve model to ensure proper functioning and sealing.
An Elkhart Brass Replacement 1″ Celcon Ball is an essential component in the company’s ball valves, providing reliable and efficient control of water flow in firefighting equipment and other applications where precise flow control is necessary. The Celcon Ball ensures the proper functioning and sealing of the ball valve when used in the appropriate valve size.
Here are the steps to replace an Elkhart Brass 1″ Celcon Ball:
- Safety first: Turn off the water supply connected to the valve or isolate the valve from the system to prevent any water flow during the replacement process. It is also a good idea to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and safety glasses, to protect yourself during the process.
- Disassemble the valve: To access the Celcon Ball, you’ll need to disassemble the valve. Start by removing any retaining hardware, such as bolts, nuts, or clips, that hold the valve body together. Once the hardware is removed, carefully separate the valve body halves or remove the valve bonnet (top section) to expose the ball and internal components.
- Remove the old Celcon Ball: With the valve disassembled, carefully remove the old Celcon Ball from its position within the valve. Take note of the orientation and position of the ball and any seals, gaskets, or internal components for reassembly later.
- Inspect and clean: Before installing the new Celcon Ball, inspect the valve body, seals, and other components for any damage, wear, or debris. Clean any dirt or residue from the valve components to ensure smooth operation and proper sealing when the valve is reassembled.
- Install the new Celcon Ball: Place the new 1″ Celcon Ball in the correct position and orientation within the valve, ensuring that it aligns with the valve’s inlet and outlet ports. Make sure any seals, gaskets, or internal components are correctly placed and oriented as well.
- Reassemble the valve: Rejoin the valve body halves or replace the valve bonnet, ensuring that everything lines up correctly and is seated properly. Secure the valve body with the appropriate retaining hardware, tightening bolts, nuts, or clips as required.
- Test the valve: Once the valve has been reassembled, turn the water supply back on or reintegrate the valve into the system. Check for any leaks or issues with the valve’s operation, making any necessary adjustments or repairs as needed.
Jose (verified owner) –
Great place to get parts for older trucks!!