A Hale Pull to Drain Knob is a component used in some Hale fire pumps to allow water to be drained from the pump or valve after use. The knob is typically located on the bottom of the pump, and is pulled out to open a drain valve and allow water to flow out of the pump.
If you suspect that the Pull to Drain Knob is worn or damaged, it is important to consult with a qualified technician or service provider with experience working on fire pump systems to evaluate the condition of the knob and determine whether replacement is necessary.
Replacing a Hale Pull to Drain Knob requires some basic tools and mechanical skills. Here are the general steps to follow:
- Turn off the fire pump system and isolate the pump from its power source.
- Locate the Pull to Drain Knob on the bottom of the pump. Depending on the pump model, you may need to access the area through an inspection port or remove a cover.
- Some models may have a locking pin or screw that needs to be removed first.
- Gently pull the knob away from the drain valve assembly, taking care not to damage any other components.
- Inspect the knob and the surrounding components for signs of wear or damage.
- Install the new Pull to Drain Knob onto the drain valve assembly, aligning it with the retaining nut.
- Tighten the retaining nut securely, taking care not to over-tighten and damage the components.
- Turn on the fire pump system and test the new Pull to Drain Knob to ensure proper operation.