Hale QD-2600 Relief Valve Gasket & Seal Kit
A Hale QD Relief Valve Rebuild Kit is a collection of replacement parts used to repair and maintain the relief valve of a Hale QD series fire pump. The kit includes seals, gaskets, and other components that are necessary to replace worn or damaged parts in the valve.
The relief valve is an important safety component of the fire pump system, as it is responsible for controlling the pressure of the water being pumped. When the pressure in the pump system exceeds the set point of the relief valve, the valve opens, allowing water to flow out of the system and reducing the pressure. The valve then closes again when the pressure is reduced to the set point.
Over time, the seals and gaskets in the valve can become worn or damaged, leading to leaks or reduced performance. By using a QD Relief Valve Rebuild Kit to replace worn or damaged components, the kit can help extend the life of the valve and prevent costly downtime.
Maintaining the proper functioning of the relief valve is important for the efficient and reliable operation of the pump system. A worn or damaged valve can lead to the loss of pressure or water flow, resulting in a less effective fire pump system.
Regular inspection and maintenance of fire pump systems, including the relief valve, can help identify worn or damaged components before they cause major problems. Replacing these components with a QD Relief Valve Rebuild Kit can help restore the proper functioning of the valve and ensure reliable operation of the fire pump system in the event of a fire.
(1) 010-1149-00-10 40Q-3N62 Seal Ring
(1) 040-1160-03-0 40-3G75 Seal Ring
(1) 040-1550-00-0 40-3N400 Seal Ring
(1) 040-1570-00-0 40-3N450 Seal Ring
(1) 040-2390-00-0 40-4N362 Seal Kit
(1) 040-2420-00-0 40-4N400 Seal Ring
(1) 046-0080-00-0 Q-W702D Gasket
(1) 046-0130-00-0 PM-688 Diaphragm
(2) 046-1350-00-0 Q-W702 RLF Valve Gasket
(1) 046-5150-00-0 PM-715 Gasket
(1) 097-0990-00-0 Washer
(1) 077-0620-44-0 Spring Retaining Ring
(1) 077-0750-21-0 Piston Retaining Ring
Here are some indications that you may need to use a QD Relief Valve Rebuild Kit:
- Leaks: If you notice water leaking from the relief valve or see signs of water damage in the surrounding area, it may indicate that the seals or gaskets are worn or damaged and need to be replaced.
- Reduced performance: If the fire pump system is not delivering water at the expected pressure or flow rate, it may indicate that the relief valve is not functioning properly and needs to be rebuilt.
- Maintenance schedule: Regular inspection and maintenance of the fire pump system may identify issues with the relief valve that require rebuilding.
- Age: If the relief valve is approaching or has exceeded its expected service life, it may be time to consider rebuilding it as a preventative measure.
It is important to consult with a qualified technician or service provider with experience working on fire pump systems to evaluate the condition of the relief valve and determine whether rebuilding with a QD Relief Valve Rebuild Kit is necessary. Regular inspection, maintenance, and testing of fire pump systems can help identify issues before they become major problems, reducing the likelihood of downtime and ensuring reliable operation in the event of a fire.