- Is Fire Line Equipment a licensed & bonded fire apparatus dealer?
- What is the commission we would be charged when you sell our truck?
- If we sell our truck to someone that was not referred to us by Fire Line Equipment, do we still owe you a commission?
- Should we sell our truck through a broker like Fire Line Equipment or just sell it off to a used fire truck dealer?
- Should we spend the money to have the pump tested or the aerial certified?
- If we list with Fire Line Equipment, can we still advertise with other brokers?
- What other services do you offer?
- How do buyers find your web site?
1. Is Fire Line Equipment a licensed & bonded fire apparatus dealer?
Yes, Fire Line Equipment is a licensed & bonded used fire apparatus dealer. We are registered as Fire Line Equipment, LLC with the State of Pennsylvania.
Technically, no individual or company is legally permitted to negotiate price, arrange financing or act on behalf of a seller or buyer without being probably licensed to do so.
2. What is the commission we would be charged when you sell our truck?
It doesn’t cost you a dollar for the advertising. We provide one of the nation’s largest marketing programs for your used fire truck – web site listings, mobile APP, quarterly mailed catalog, print advertising, trade show visibility and e-blasts – all at no initial cost to you. When your apparatus is sold, we earn a commission on the sale price, paid by the seller. We’ll generate a fair market value for your used fire truck so you end up with the best possible deal.
3. If we sell our truck to someone that was not referred to us by Fire Line Equipment, do we still owe you a commission?
Absolutely not! Just let us know that it has been sold so that we can keep our web site up to date. We’ll remove the truck, send you a “Thank You” and be happy that we had the opportunity.
4. Should we sell our truck through a broker like Fire Line Equipment or just sell it off to a used fire truck dealer?
If don’t you mind selling your truck at a wholesale dollar, then sell it to a used fire truck dealer. If you want to receive the amount of money your truck is worth, than list it with us. Used fire truck dealers / buyers will offer you substantially less (wholesale value) than the retail value of your truck. Fire Line Equipment can get the full retail value that you deserve!
5. Should we spend the money to have the pump tested or the aerial certified?
Yes, by all means. This not only shows that you have made an effort to maintain the truck, but also gives the buyer confidence that they are purchasing a quality piece of equipment.
6. If we list with Fire Line Equipment, can we still advertise with other brokers?
Yes, there are no strings attached. Although we might try to discourage you from listing other places :), you are free to advertise your truck where ever you please. After all, it belongs to you. Just be sure to ask if they are licensed, insured & bonded. In most cases, many of the on line brokers are just an advertising website ran from a small office without liability insurance or a proper license.
7. What other services do you offer?
We specialize in finding buyers for our used truck listings. We can also assist our buyers with delivery services and financing through companies that we have aligned ourselves with.
8. How do buyers find your web site?
Buyer’s find the Fire Line Equipment web site through the use of search engines. We also do a considerable amount of banner advertising on many fire related – forum type web sites.
Banner Advertising on multiple firefighter friendly web sites
Print Advertising in the PA Fireman & Fire Trader Magazines