1990 Spartan Saulsbury Heavy Rescue
1990 Spartan Saulsbury Heavy Rescue Crane has a rebuilt Detroit Diesel 8V-92TA engine and rebuilt Allison automatic transmission and complete with a rescue crane. Additional features include an air conditioned cab that seats four (4), hydraulic generator with light tower and additional lighting, reel & SCBA storage and a front winch. New paint and new ROM roll-up doors. This used fire apparatus will also have a new LED lighting package and new tires. Better Call Bob at 877-346-1373, He sells trucks fast!
Manufactures History: Spartan Emergency Response, or simply Spartan, is a fire apparatus manufacturer located in Brandon, South Dakota, with additional manufacturing facilities in Ephrata, Pennsylvania and Ocala, Florida. The company also manufactures and supplies fire chassis to other fire body manufacturers. Spartan ER was a division of Spartan Motors prior to its purchase by REV Group.
Fancher L. “Sam” Saulsbury, a machinist who was also the chief for the Preble Volunteer Fire Department, built his first fire truck in 1958. He formed Saulsbury Fire Equipment in the early 1960s and, among its other offerings, the company started to specialize in walk-in rescue trucks. After sub-contracting work for several years, Saulsbury consolidated production in a new plant in Tully, New York in 1973. They moved again to a larger facility in Preble in 1988.
In 1998, Saulsbury was purchased by Federal Signal Corporation, parent company of E-ONE in Florida. The Saulsbury name continued to appear on apparatus, but was renamed E-One New York in 2003. In 2004, E-One announced the closure of the Saulsbury plant.